Neurology at Tower Pointe
Boating Safety - children should wear life jackets at all times when on boats or near bodies of water.
Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
According to the CDC, Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a major cause of death and disability in the United States, contributing to about 30% of all injury deaths. Every day, 138 people in the United States die from injuries that include TBI. Those who survive a TBI can face effects lasting a few days to disabilities which may last the rest of their lives. Effects of TBI can include impaired thinking or memory, movement, sensation (e.g., vision or hearing), or emotional functioning (e.g., personality changes, depression). These issues not only affect individuals but can have lasting effects on families and communities. Continue reading ...
Welcome to the Neurology Division of Piedmont Health Group. Here at PHG Neurology the staff and our board-certified physicians are dedicated to providing high quality neurological care. A visit to the doctor can be stressful and frightening especially when you don't feel well. We make every effort to make sure your visit is productive and as uncomplicated as possible. The following information is provided so that you will be prepared for the visit and your time is well spent.
What is a neurologist?
A neurologist is a medical doctor who has specialized training in the diagnosis and medical (non-surgical) treatment of a wide variety of diseases affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. Our neurologists work in close cooperation with neurosurgeons to determine what type of care is most appropriate for you. Some of the diseases treated by our neurologists include:
- Epilepsy/Seizure Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Movement Disorders (Parkinson's Disease, Tremor, Dystonia, Huntington's disease, Tourette's syndrome)
- Muscle/Nerve Disorders (carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, ALS).
- Dementia (Memory disorders, Alzheimer's disease)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Stroke and other vascular diseases of the brain and carotid arteries
- Spinal Cord/Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Painful Disorders (shingles, trigeminal neuralgia, back pain)