Neurology at Tower Pointe
Heart disease is more prevalent among black women than white women - as are some of the factors that increase the risk of developing it, including high blood pressure, overweight and obesity, and diabetes.
Welcome to the Neurology Division of Piedmont Health Group. Here at PHG Neurology the staff and our board-certified physicians are dedicated to providing high quality neurological care. A visit to the doctor can be stressful and frightening especially when you don't feel well. We make every effort to make sure your visit is productive and as uncomplicated as possible. The following information is provided so that you will be prepared for the visit and your time is well spent.
What is a neurologist?A neurologist is a medical doctor who has specialized training in the diagnosis and medical (non-surgical) treatment of a wide variety of diseases affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. Our neurologists work in close cooperation with neurosurgeons to determine what type of care is most appropriate for you. Some of the diseases treated by our neurologists include:
- Epilepsy/Seizure Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Movement Disorders (Parkinson's Disease, Tremor, Dystonia, Huntington's disease, Tourette's syndrome)
- Muscle/Nerve Disorders (carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, ALS).
- Dementia (Memory disorders, Alzheimer's disease)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Stroke and other vascular diseases of the brain and carotid arteries
- Spinal Cord/Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Painful Disorders (shingles, trigeminal neuralgia, back pain)