Neurology at Tower Pointe
According to the American Diabetes Association, there are 23.6 million people nationwide who have diabetes. That's 7.8% of the population. Also, about 17.9 million people have diabetes, and they don't even know it.
Welcome to the Neurology Division of Piedmont Health Group. Here at PHG Neurology the staff and our board-certified physicians are dedicated to providing high quality neurological care. A visit to the doctor can be stressful and frightening especially when you don't feel well. We make every effort to make sure your visit is productive and as uncomplicated as possible. The following information is provided so that you will be prepared for the visit and your time is well spent.
What is a neurologist?A neurologist is a medical doctor who has specialized training in the diagnosis and medical (non-surgical) treatment of a wide variety of diseases affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. Our neurologists work in close cooperation with neurosurgeons to determine what type of care is most appropriate for you. Some of the diseases treated by our neurologists include:
- Epilepsy/Seizure Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Movement Disorders (Parkinson's Disease, Tremor, Dystonia, Huntington's disease, Tourette's syndrome)
- Muscle/Nerve Disorders (carpal tunnel syndrome, neuropathy, muscular dystrophy, ALS).
- Dementia (Memory disorders, Alzheimer's disease)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Stroke and other vascular diseases of the brain and carotid arteries
- Spinal Cord/Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Painful Disorders (shingles, trigeminal neuralgia, back pain)